Dr. Mappes has served in vocational pastoral ministry since 1989 as senior pastor, co-pastor, and staff pastor in churches from 150 to over 2000 parishioners and has been teaching since 1995. He has served as professor of Bible and Theology, dean, and chairman of Biblical studies and has taught undergraduate through Ph.D. courses.
The following services are being offered. Please email to schedule a brief conference call.
Editor of DMin or Ph.D. dissertations
- Editing entails style and formatting issues, critique of logical argument, and theological critique to actual research consulting. Editing also includes reviewing student papers for inclusion in a dissertation. Students should gain permission from Ph.D. and DMin department chairman regarding using an outside editor. Service is designed to help students refine dissertations as well as enhance research skills and methodology.
Dissertation Reader as chairman or reader
- I have a specialty in ecclesiology, hermeneutics, theological Method, and eschatology along with some contemporary theological issues, and have supervised many Ph.D. and DMin products. Students should consult Ph.D./ D.Min department chairman regarding using an outside reader.
- Provide online course development, online teaching, and training. I have a propensity in a number of Learning Management Platforms including Moodle, Blackboard, Canvas, and Schoology.
Pastoral Church Ministry:
- Pulpit Supply
- Bible Conference Speaker
- Ministry Consultant: Constitution and Faith Statement Revision; Educational Ministries, Leadership Training and Conflict resolution, etc.
- Editor and writer to customize biblical and theological information for church web pages, handouts, newsletters, and providing a theological critique of current trends and issues.
- Collaboration regarding creating church Bible institute, customizing internship programs, etc.
- Ghostwriter (Dr. Mappes does not ghostwrite academic papers for students).